Drug Charges Defense Lawyer In Orlando
A drug conviction can affect your life in many ways. Even if you serve no jail time, you could end up with a damaging criminal record. That record is something that could be with you for the rest of your life.
At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., in Orlando, we defend people who are accused of possessing illegal drugs such as marijuana, heroin and cocaine. Attorney Carmelina Marin also defends people accused of possessing prescription pain relievers without a prescription.
Keeping Your Record As Clear As Possible
The long-term effects a drug conviction can have on your life are far more serious than a fine, jail time or probation. Here are some examples of how a drug conviction can affect you later in life:
- You could lose your driver’s license.
- You could find it harder to get a job.
- You may be barred from certain careers.
- You could lose eligibility for student loans.
- You could be ineligible for government benefits or live in subsidized housing.
- You could be unable to get a professional license.
Prosecutors may try to bully you into accepting a plea that will have a damaging effect on your future. Don’t let them. Now is a time when you need an aggressive lawyer defending your interests.