The Law Firm 
Where Families Come First

If You Are Unable To Locate Your Spouse

Generally, a couple decides that they no longer want to be married to one another and begin the divorce process.

Other times, the couple separates, a spouse moves away, or fail to keep in touch. If the person seeking the divorce cannot locate their spouse, then Florida law allows for service by publication. The Marin Law Firm, P.A. has the legal expertise you need to file for divorce without your spouse being located.

To file for divorce and serve your spouse through publication, you must:

  • Swear under oath that you have tried to serve your spouse.
  • If you do not know where your spouse is then you must show that you have made several valid attempts to locate him or her.

After following the legal steps required for service by publication, the divorce can proceed. However, standard Florida divorce laws still apply. We can help you effectively navigate this system to protect your rights and get you the divorce you are seeking.

Therefore, even though you will be able to divorce your spouse other issues such as property division, time-sharing/parenting time and support cannot be established without the other party being available. At The Marin Law Firm, P.A. we can help you resolve this dilemma and obtain a final judgment of dissolution of marriage.

Get The Focused Help You Need

At The Marin law Firm we know that sometimes you need a helping hand. Orlando divorce attorney Carmelina Marin has made her law firm a resource to people who need to get a divorce. To learn more, call us at The Marin Law Firm, P.A., at 407-680-1867, or email us and we will let you know how we can help.

Our regular office hours are 9:00 AM. – 5:00PM however, arrangements can also be made to meet after hours or on the weekend. We are located on Curry Ford Road, one block east of S. Semoran Boulevard.

Our mission: To glorify God by being a faithful steward to all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with The Marin Law Firm, P.A.

Contact The Marin Law Firm, P.A.

Contact our family law attorney online or call us at