Child Support Modifications

Divorce or family law issues can present special challenges. Understand both your rights and your obligations under American law.

We can help you navigate the Florida legal system so you know what to expect-and what is expected of you. Contact us today: (407) 449-7804.

A Less Destructive Divorce
We focus on helping our clients work out a divorce settlement that everyone can live with. For most couples, this can lead to a better outcome long term.

I represent men and women, married or divorcing couples, and unmarried parents, who need to seek a modification to an existing order or divorce agreement that has been filed with the Florida family courts. I understand that sometimes there is a substantial change in circumstances that requires a couple to revisit an issue and change the terms they had previously agreed to.

My name is Carmelina Marin and I am an experienced family law attorney. At my law office, The Marin Law Firm, P.A., in Orlando, I work closely with families throughout Central Florida who need a modification drafted and formally recognized by the court. Contact me for a confidential consultation today to learn more about how I can help you.

Client Resources

At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we believe our best client is an informed client.

Read More

Florida Modifications of Existing Court Orders

I represent people who need to seek a modification of existing orders concerning:

  • Child custody
  • Visitation or parenting time agreements
  • Relocations
  • Child support
  • Alimony or spousal support

Have Your Circumstances Changed?

In my experience, the best way to resolve a situation where one party wants to amend an already existing agreement is to negotiate the terms and draft a modification together that accomplishes both sides’ needs. However, I understand that this is not always possible and sometimes it is necessary to compel the performance of another party. I am always prepared to aggressively advocate in court on behalf of my clients.

An Aggressive and Thorough Attorney to Help You Achieve Your Goals

Modifications are not always automatically granted by the court. You must be able to prove a material change of circumstance. For example:

  • Change of income
  • Loss of employment
  • Significant reduction in pay
  • Increase in child care costs
  • Sickness of a child or a parent
  • A necessary move

If a party wants to move or you want to stop someone from seeing a child because domestic violence or abuse can be proven, a modification to a child custody or visitation arrangement is necessary. I take the time to look at all of the circumstances and help my clients figure out what options will best serve their interests and rights.

Spanish-Speaking Services Available For All Family Law Matters

I can help you understand what to expect in Florida family court if you want to petition or block a modification of any kind. I also speak Spanish fluently and can obtain other translation services for you.

Contact Me

If you have questions or concerns about your obligations or rights under Florida law, please contact me to discuss your situation. I pride myself on offering caring, compassionate and experienced representation for all types of family law matters in Central Florida.

Our usual office hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and we proudly serve Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.  We are a technology driven firm and are accessible via telephone conferences, zoom meetings and a secure portal that is available to clients 24/7.  Se habla español.

How Can We Help You?

Dedicated to Personalized Service

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy