It is important for divorcing parents to understand that they will still be a father and mother to their children, even if they are no longer husband and wife. As parents, you want to do what is best for your children. A lawyer will be vital in explaining your options and planning a sound course of action. At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we know just how much is at stake in your custody matter and will go the extra mile to help you achieve your goals. While based in Orlando, we represent families across Central Florida.
At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we believe our best client is an informed client.Read More
Protecting Children and Your Parental Rights
Our attorney, Carmelina Marin, recognizes the impact a divorce can have on children. Whenever possible, we try to help our clients reach some type of sensible custody arrangement with the other parent. We also recognize that there are times when litigation is the only way to accomplish your goals. While we are compassionate with our clients and their children, we are ready to present a compelling claim before a judge when necessary.
Florida Custody Laws
Under Florida child custody laws, judges must make arrangements that are in the best interests of the child. When deciding what is in a child’s best interests, the judge is required to look at many factors, including:
- Each parent’s ability to facilitate and encourage a close parent-child relationship
- Each parent’s ability to consider the child’s needs
- How each parent’s geographic location will affect the parenting plan, particularly in terms of traveling for visitation
- The physical, mental and moral fitness of each parent
- The child’s preferences, if the child is mature enough to express a preference
In most cases, a judge is likely to order some type of shared parenting arrangement. With this said, judges have significant discretion in these matters. With more than two decades of family law experience, we understand how judges are likely to view your case, and will be candid with you about the strengths and any possible weaknesses. We will help you avoid any parenting plan pitfalls and work tirelessly to put you and your child in the best position moving forward.
Contact The Marin Law Firm, P.A.
Carmelina Marin has helped hundreds of families find custody and visitation plans that work. She has made her law firm a resource to Central Florida families with serious legal problems. To learn more, call us at The Marin Law Firm, P.A., at (407) 449-7804 You can also email us. We offer affordable and practical attorney fees!
Our usual office hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and we proudly serve Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties. We are a technology driven firm and are accessible via telephone conferences, zoom meetings and a secure portal that is available to clients 24/7. Se habla español.
- Avoiding Parenting Plan Pitfalls
- Child Custody Modifications
- Child Support
- Client Resources
- Collaborative Gray Divorce
- Common Law Marriage
- Contested / Noncontested
- Custody & Visitation
- Divorce Spousal Abuse
- Enforcing Child Support Orders
- Family Law
- For Your Golden Years Prenup Agreements
- Inability To Locate Spouse
- International Marriage Divorce
- Interstate International Child Abduction
- Military Divorce
- Mortgage Options When Going Through A Divorce
- Our Testimonials
- Parental Relocation