International Marriage/ Divorce
Every divorce is bound to bring on its own set of unique challenges. When spouses were married in another country, or if one spouse lives outside the United States, a complex situation can become even more difficult to manage. An experienced international divorce attorney can help you confront these issues, guide you through the process and preserve your rights. At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we combine effective legal counsel with strong advocacy for clients across Central Florida and beyond.
At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we believe our best client is an informed client.Read More
An Experienced Divorce Attorney with an International Outlook
Our lawyer, Carmelina Marin, is a first-generation American with a Spanish father and an El Salvadorian mother. Growing up in an international household, she offers an instinctive understanding of different cultures. As Carmelina and our support staff are all fluent Spanish speakers, we can counsel you in either English or Spanish. Of equal importance, Carmelina has practical knowledge of both domestic and international family laws.
Our law firm is well-equipped to address all of the possible issues involved in an international divorce. One of the most immediate issues to be resolved is where the divorce will take place. While the United States may be the appropriate jurisdiction, another country may be the right place for the divorce, depending on many factors. There are many other issues involved in an international divorce, including:
- Property division when one spouse lives in another country
- Establishing the validity of a divorce obtained in another country
- International relocation of children
- International child custody
- Enforcement of child custody abroad
- Enforcement of property division and spousal support abroad
We fully understand the international laws that can apply to these situations, such as the Hague Convention. When necessary, we will work with lawyers in other countries to achieve your goals. As your divorce proceeds, you can depend on us to deliver the highest levels of client service and legal representation.
Contact The Marin Law Firm, P.A.
Call our Orlando law firm online or at (407) 449-7804.
We Help You?
- Avoiding Parenting Plan Pitfalls
- Child Custody Modifications
- Child Support
- Client Resources
- Collaborative Gray Divorce
- Contested / Noncontested
- Custody & Visitation
- Divorce Spousal Abuse
- Enforcing Child Support Orders
- Equitable Distribution
- Family Law
- For Your Golden Years Prenup Agreements
- Inability To Locate Spouse
- International Marriage Divorce
- Interstate & International Child Abduction
- Military Divorce
- Mortgage Options When Going Through A Divorce
- Our Testimonials
- Parental Relocation
How Can We Help You?
Dedicated to Personalized Service