Child Custody and Relocation

Following a divorce, there are many issues that can impact you and your family. One of the biggest issues is when one parent wants to move with the children. Under Florida law, if a divorced parent wants to move more than 50 miles away from his or her current location with the children, he or she must seek permission from the other parent. If this parent does not grant the request, the parent who wants to move must seek permission from the court.

At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we are prepared to take decisive action for our clients. Whether you want to relocate or if you oppose a relocation, our lawyer and staff are ready to preserve your relationship with your children.

Client Resources

At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we believe our best client is an informed client.

Read More

Your Parental Rights: Get the Court’s Permission for Relocation

Moving more than 50 miles without the permission of your ex-spouse or the court is a bad idea. You may be forced to surrender custody of your children or move back. Our attorney, Carmelina Marin, is fully prepared to forcefully argue your position in court if your ex-spouse is unwilling to agree to your move. Our law firm takes on all types of cases, including moving out of the state after divorce, military relocation and other complex issues.

Serving Parents Who Oppose the Relocation of Their Children

On the other side of the coin, if you have good reason to oppose your children relocating, our lawyer will strive to protect your rights. Under Florida law, courts will look at the quality of the relationship between the nonmoving parent and the children, the impact a move could have on a child’s educational, emotional and physical development, and other factors. Above all, the court will strive to make a decision that is in the child’s best interests. Carmelina Marin is a tough advocate in these situations and will be prepared to present a strong case on your behalf.

Dealing with an International Relocation

In this connected world of global companies and with the ease of travel, it is not unusual for someone to be employed in another country. But when living internationally also involves a parental relocation, it can create serious legal issues. If you or your ex-spouse is considering relocating internationally with your children, it is wise to first consult with our experienced attorney. We fully understand the international laws that relate to parental relocation.

At The Marin Law Firm, P.A., we are prepared to take decisive action regarding child custody and relocation. Contact our Orlando child custody attorneys online or call (407) 449-7804.


How Can We Help You?

Dedicated to Personalized Service

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy